Everyone’s favorite voiceover blogger, and my good friend, Dave Courvoisier, penned an article yesterday about the NEED of voice actors to be present on social media. Drawing The Line. Dave also noted that there are many successful voice actors who are NOT as present on social media as others. The key, according to Dave, is to find the right balance for you, and use your time judiciously. I agree.
That said, I began to evaluate my presence on social media and the ROI, and will make my findings the subject of a future article. I have started my analysis by taking a look at what I consider to be a judicious use of my time on social media, and other sites, that I feel benefit me as a voice talent and blogger in today’s digital world.
Depending on my schedule for the day, here is what I strive to make my social media routine:
- Check P2P sites for private auditions/inbox messages
- Check email from clients
- Check blog comments/analytics
- Curate Voiceover BlogTalk on scoop.it and post on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn
- Check VoiceoverXtra for VO News
- Check Voiceover Facebook groups for VO News/Interests
- Check LinkedIn for messages/invitations
- Check Twitter for messages/mentions
This is the routine that currently works for me. Of course, with the ebb and flow of social media and other sites, additions and deletions will occur.
What works for you? Please share your social media routine, if you have one, or at least your favorite stops on the ever-expanding world wide web.