One thing I’ve learned over my past 460 blogs posts since 2009 is that if you really want to connect with your readers, an emotional connection is a must. The kind of connection your reader makes by finishing your article and saying to them self, “Hey, I feel that same way!”, or “Hmmm, I can relate to that”.
This past week I wrote an article that literally wrote itself as I sat down at the keyboard, and as evidenced by the number of hits, comments, and retweets, I think I connected. If you didn’t get the chance, I invite you to give it a read, ‘Give Up – Giving Up’. And, for more connections with your voiceover blogging colleagues, I invite you to read these 11 Top Voiceover Blog Posts This Week.
NOTE: Congratulations to fellow vo talent and prolific blogger, Paul Strikwerda, on the milestone of gathering his 5,000th subscriber this week. If you don’t subscribe to Paul’s blog, I recommend you do so immediately!
Have a Great Week Behind the Mic!
11 Top Voiceover Blog Posts This Week
(no particular order)
- The Marriage Between Voiceover Casting And Social Media – Friend or Foe? Jessica Gee-George
- Advice Ahoy! Nicola Redman
- How To Use Pinterest For Your Voice Over Business Marc Scott
- My Question Was Answered On EWABS Steve Tardio
- Fixing Noise In Soft Recordings David Lawrence XVII
- Learning To Network & Networking To Learn Heather Costa
- New Voiceover Niche! Andy Boyns
- They’re Just Like Us: Life As A Voice Over Artist Is Really Just A Constant Hustle Heather Baysa
- How Animation Inspired Mark Flood To Over Come A Stroke Lin Parkin
- What Should You Look For In A Voice Over Coach? Jay Britton
- Do You Have The Guts To Be A DIY Voice Actor? Johnny Hatebait