“Blogging is a waste of time. Both writing and reading. It’s nothing but ‘how-to’ lists, self-serving promotion, and only done for SEO.”
The above is paraphrased, taken from more than one tweet, post and article I’ve seen over the past few weeks.
I happen to disagree.
Admittedly there are bloggers who write only to show their expertise with a list of ‘how-to’s’, promote their latest accomplishment, or drive more hits to their site. These are blogs I don’t read.
Why do I read the voiceover blogs I do?
- To keep up to date with news & trends in the voiceover business & community.
- To learn more about the personality and life happenings of my friends in the vo business.
- To get a free voiceover education from those who have traveled this road before me and are willing to share.
If you consider these reasons a waste of time, then don’t waste your time reading any further.
Have a Great week behind the mic!
12 Top Voiceover Blog Posts This Week
(in no particular order)
- The Right Stuff Dan Hurst
- 5 Tips For A Voice Actor’s Higher Workplace Productivity Bobbin Beam
- Europe Cracks Down On Late Payments Paul Strikwerda
- Conversational Hugh Klitzke
- Accents And Voice Overs: Is Your Accent Marketable? Susan Berkley
- Forget SEO, It’s All About The Reader Dave Courvoisier
- 4 Voice Over Business Lesson From Caddying For Rich People Steven Lowell
- Bed, Bath And Beyond Justin Barrett
- Why Restaurants And Voice Over Talents Fail Marc Scott
- Early-Bird Registration Now Open For VOICE 2014 Lin Parkin
- Mobile Recording Studio Setups For Voice Over And Vocals Jordan Reynolds
- Health And Wellness Talk From Faffcon Karen Souer