At the end of July, I shared with you my new way of keeping track of my daily voiceover success, by using the ‘iDoneThis’ online calendar. The premise of the calendar is very simple…you sign up to receive a daily email at the same time each day that asks you ‘what you did today’, and when you reply to the email with an explanation as to what you did, the response is posted onto your personal ‘iDoneThis’ calendar.
Here is my calendar for the month of August.
The check marks indicate days where I posted a response to the email, showing my voiceover success for that day. As you can see, there were a few days where I missed a reply. My use of the “iDoneThis’ calendar was very insightful. Here are 5 things I learned:
- 24 hours goes by pretty damn fast.
- When I received my email each day at 10:00 p.m., there were many days I hadn’t accomplished anything yet.
- No matter how big or small the success, tracking it daily created a positive energy.
- Planning a success for each next day became a routine.
- Keeping track of my successes EACH day made it tangible to see my success build each week and to see just how much success I had achieved by the end of the month.
Did you keep track of your daily successes? How did you do? Feel free to share. If you didn’t keep track, I highly recommend this exercise for at least one month. You will feel great as you develop a habit of creating daily successes that you can build on each and every day.
I Done This…You Can Too!